Tuesday, December 2, 2014

not as before

you flirted with sweet words.
wooing me towards you
though we were so far away.
i had a vision of who you were
with words and actions
though we were so far away.

i believed in you
and
your dreams.
you wanted me to share your dream
and making others believe this dream this too.
i couldnt do it.
it felt pushy and dirty
and like a lie.

i still believed in you.

you pulled me in just enough
to keep me close
you showed me what love was
and what love wasnt.
you showed me how important family is to you.
you gave me some very good memories.
you taught me resentment and defensiveness.
you showed me that "love" is disposable
and that it has a shut off switch.
i dont see it that way.

i see you now
and
youre good
youre just not who i saw before

No comments:

Post a Comment