Wednesday, February 18, 2015

thinking out loud

after so many breaks of my heart
i forgot the beauty in feeling 
how the beat of a song 
and the lyrics unfolding 
taking me to a place 
i thought was long forgotten

you whispered to the embers 
in this heart of mine
with tenderness and truth
without regards to anything 
but the here and now
setting the flame ablaze

your tender whispers and words of love 
have dismantled the fortress 
i have built 
brick 
by 
brick

patience and continuous love 
that has proven unquenchable 
brings me back to the core 
of that
beautiful 
raw
knowing
feeling 
that comes straight from your belly. 
letting me know that 
true unashamed love exists
today
in the here and now. 

2 comments:

  1. Great poem! I definitely agree that its easy to build up walls after being hurt so much, but I also know that where true love is, the deepest wounds can be healed and that true happiness comes where love is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, becky. love is so vast and gives life to everything if allowed <3

      Delete